Bellevue College at a Glance
2013-2014 Fact Sheet
On this page
Employee Population: Faculty (full- and part-time) = 1,098; Staff = 5221 Size of Main Campus: 100 acres
Note: Employee and student population data are reported in terms of unduplicated headcounts. Percentages may not total to 100% due to rounding.
Did you know...
- The majority of BC's student population lived within the college's service area: the City of Bellevue and other cities and towns in east King County.
- Annually BC enrolls over 1,700 International students representing more than 70 countries and over 1,700 Running Start students from nearly 30 school districts.
- 75% of all enrollments are in courses leading to a degree or certificate
- 25% of all enrollments are in continuing education, basic skills, and English as a Second Language courses.
New degree-seeking students (n~7,300)5
Area of study
- Employed while enrolled: 51.8% (% part-time students is noticeably higher than that of full-time students)
- Students with dependents: 17.8% (evenly distributed between full- and part-time students)
- Grants and scholarships recipients: 29.4% (includes only students eligible to receive aid)
- Students with Disabilities: Over 1,000 served
|Asian and Pacific Islander
Total academic year 2012-13
|Associate Degree, AAS-T
|Associate Degree, Prof-tech
|Associate Degree, Transfer
|Certificate, one year
|Certificate, less than one-year
- BC offers the Bachelor of Science in Nursing and applied baccalaureate degrees in Interior Design, Radiation and Imaging Sciences, Healthcare Technology and Management, Information Systems and Technology, and Data Analytics.
Professional-technical program graduate success8
|Job Placement Rate (within 9 months of graduation)
In academic year 2012-13, Bellevue College had the largest number of transfer students to Washington baccalaureate institutions with over 1500 BC students attending public and nearly 250 attending independent colleges or universities.
This document is managed by the Office of Effectiveness and Strategic Planning and was last updated September 2014.