Bellevue College at a Glance
2012-2013 Fact Sheet
On this page
Employee Population: Faculty (full- and part-time) = 1,062; Staff = 4821 Size of Main Campus: 100 acres
Note: Employee and student population data are reported in terms of unduplicated headcounts. Percentages may not total to 100% due to rounding.
Did you know...
- Nearly two-thirds of BC's student population lived within the college's official service area: the City of Bellevue and other cities and towns in east King County.
- Annually BC enrolls 1,800 International students representing more than 70 countries and 1,600 Running Start students from nearly 30 school districts.
- 79% of all enrollments are in courses leading to a degree or certificate
- 21% of all enrollments are in continuing education, basic skills, and English as a Second Language courses.
New degree-seeking students (n~7,600)5
Area of study
- Employed while enrolled: 50.9%
- Students with dependents: 17.9%
- Grants and scholarships recipients7: 30.9%
- Students with Disabilities: 950 served
|Asian and Pacific Islander
Total academic year 2012-13
|Associate Degree, AAS-T
|Associate Degree, Prof-tech
|Associate Degree, Transfer
|Certificate, one year
|Certificate, less than one-year
- BC offers the Bachelor of Science in Nursing and applied baccalaureate degrees in Interior Design, Healthcare Technology and Management, Information Systems and Technology, and Radiation and Imaging Sciences.
Professional-technical program graduate success9
|Job Placement Rate (within 9 months of graduation)
In academic year 2012-13, over 1500 BC students transferred to a WA public four-year institution or entered a Baccalaureate of Applied Science program at a two year college.
This document is managed by the Office of Effectiveness and Strategic Planning and was last updated January 2014.