Bellevue College at a Glance
2011-2012 Fact Sheet
On this page
Employee Population: Faculty (full- and part-time) = 1,059; Staff = 4771 Size of Main Campus: 100 acres
Note: Employee and student population data are reported in terms of unduplicated headcount. Percentages may not total to 100% due to rounding.
Did you know...
- Nearly two-thirds of BC's student population lived within the college's official service area: the City of Bellevue and other cities and towns in east King County.
- BC enrolls nearly 1,700 International students annually from over 65 countries and about 1,600 Running Start students from more than 20 school districts.
- 79% of all enrollments are in courses leading to a degree or certificate
- 21% of all enrollments are in continuing education, basic skills, and English as a Second Language courses.
New degree-seeking students (n~7,800)5
Area of study
- Employed while enrolled: 49.2%
- Students with dependents: 19.2%
- Grants and scholarships recipients: 29.1%
- Students with Disabilities: Over 900 served
Race/Ethnicity7* 8.1% of these students self-identified as Latino or Hispanic independent of Race.
|Asian and Pacific Islander American*
Awards Conferred BC offers applied baccalaureate degrees in Interior Design and Radiation and Imaging Sciences
|Associate Degree, AAS-T
|Associate Degree, Prof-tech
|Associate Degree, Transfer
|Certificate, one year
|Certificate, less than one-year
Professional-technical program graduate success8
|Job Placement Rate (within 9 months of graduation)
|Median hourly wages
In academic year 2009-10, nearly 10% of all Washington community and technical college transfer students transferring to Washington public four-year institutions were from Bellevue College, more than any other WA college.
This document is managed by the Office of Effectiveness and Strategic Planning and was last updated October 2012.