Board of Trustees Meeting Agenda
February 3, 2010
A regular meeting of the Board of Trustees of Community College District VIII, 3000 Landerholm Circle SE, state of Washington, will be held on Wednesday, February 3, 2010. The business session will begin at 2:00 p.m. in Building B, Room 201. Steve Miller, Chair, will preside.
- LUNCH – 12:00 PM – A201
The Trustees will have lunch together. No business will be conducted..
- STUDY SESSION – 12:30 PM
- Washington Student Achievement Initiative (SAI) - Tom Nielsen, Patty James [Tab 1]
- EXECUTIVE SESSION – 1:30 PM
There will be an executive session for 30 minutes to discuss evaluation of state employees.
- BUSINESS SESSION – 2:00 PM
- ROLL CALL
- CONSENT AGENDA
- CONSTITUENT REPORTS – 2:10 PM
- Student - Joseph Root
- Faculty - Doug Brown
- Classified - Melissa Sitzenstock
- FUTURE ACTION ITEMS – 2:40 PM
- Tenure Review Committee Recommendations for the 2009-10 Academic Year -Tom Nielsen [Tab 6]
- INFORMATION ITEMS – 2:45 PM
- 2010-11 Budget Preparation Update - Rachel Solemsaas [Tab 7]
- BC Nursing Department Strategic Plan Progress Report - Ray Butler [Tab 8]
- Region A Community College Health IT Consortium, Led by Bellevue College - Paula Boyum [Tab 9]
- Capital/New Campus Planning - Paul Chiles
- Economic Development - Vijay Vashee
- Foundation/Campaign - Vicki Orrico
- Long Range Finance/Resource Planning - Steve Miller
- Strategic Plan Review - All
- TACTC Board of Directors - Paul Chiles
- TACTC Legislative Committee - Steve Miller, Vicki Orrico
- College Events - All
- President - Jean Floten
RECEPTION – 4:30 PM
- A reception will be held to welcome Marie Gunn, new trustee.
Please note: Times indicated on the agenda are only estimates and are subject to change.