Board of Trustees Meeting Agenda
March 10, 2010
A regular meeting of the Board of Trustees of Community College District VIII, 3000 Landerholm Circle SE, state of Washington, will be held on Wednesday, March 10, 2010. The business session will begin at 2:15 p.m. in Building B, Room 201. Steve Miller, Chair, will preside.
LUNCH – 12:00 PM – A201
The Trustees will have lunch together. No business will be conducted.
EXECUTIVE SESSION – 12:30 PM
There will be an executive session for 60 minutes to discuss evaluation of state employees and to discuss the selection of a site or the purchase of real estate, when publicity regarding such consideration would cause a likelihood of increased price.
STUDY SESSION – 1:00 PM - B201
- Open Government Responsibilities of Board Members - Cheryl Bateman
- Momentum Points: Student Achievement - Tom Nielsen, Patty James [Tab 1]
BUSINESS SESSION – 2:15 PM
- February 3, 2010 Board Meeting Minutes - Lucinda Taylor [Tab 2]
CONSTITUENT REPORTS – 2:25 PM
- Faculty - Doug Brown
- Classified - Melissa Sitzenstock
- Student - Joseph Root
FUTURE ACTION ITEMS – 2:55 PM
- Sabbatical Leave Authorization for the 2010-11 Academic Year -Tom Nielsen [Tab 3]
ACTION ITEMS – 3:00 PM
- North Campus Center Replacement - Rachel Solemsaas [Tab 4]
- Award of Non-Traditional Credit Policy - Tom Nielsen [Tab 5]
- Tenure Review Committee Recommendations for the 2010-11 Academic Year - Tom Nielsen [Tab 6]
RECEPTION – 3:30 PM
The Board will recess for approximately 30 minutes to host a reception for newly tenured faculty members. The college community is invited to attend.
STAFF AND BOARD REPORTS – 4:00 PM
- Capital/New Campus Planning - Paul Chiles
- Economic Development - Vijay Vashee
- Foundation/Campaign - Vicki Orrico
- Long Range Finance/Resource Planning - Steve Miller
- Strategic Plan Review - All
- TACTC Board of Directors - Paul Chiles
- TACTC Legislative Committee - Steve Miller, Vicki Orrico
- College Events - All
- President - Jean Floten
UNSCHEDULED BUSINESS / COMMUNITY TESTIMONY – 4:45 PM
ADJOURNMENT – 5:00 PM
Please note: Times indicated on the agenda are only estimates and are subject to change.