Medical Assistant – Phlebotomy Certification:
During the first week of the term that you will be entering your practicum (externship) complete the following steps:
- Verify that you have completed ALL required courses and prerequisites for graduation (other than the externship you are currently enrolled in).
- Complete the Phlebotomy Technician Completion Worksheet
- The completed worksheet needs to be submitted to the program director. This is also the worksheet that will address any waivers or substitutions for the prerequisites or courses.
- Complete the application for graduation/certification, this is the document that allows the college to identify (list) your certificate on your transcript.
- Submit the signed “completion worksheet” AND completed “application for graduation/certification” to the office of Evaluations / Graduation.
After successful completion of your practicum (externship) and after grades have been posted for that term.
- Verify issuance of your certificate (this usually takes 2 weeks AFTER the end of the term it was validated), it will be indicated on the bottom of your transcript, “Phlebotomy Certificate”.
- Complete the Washington State Department of Health MA-Phlebotomy Certification application
- Request that official transcripts be sent to the Department of Health directly from Bellevue College, per page 3 of the State application, item 7(A). (This is why you should verify the certificate, step (1) above.)
- Once you have completed the above steps and the Department of Health has your application materials, it can take 2-6 weeks for your certification to be issued. This is at the State level; the College does not have control over the issuance.