Prior to starting the Alcohol & Drug Counseling Program students are required to attend an individual advising session. Contact the Health Sciences, Education & Wellness Institute to sign up for an individual advising session, advising is by appointment only. This first point of contact is crucial in establishing a coordinated and informed entrance into the program as well as learning the importance of how to effectively use supervision in the field of addiction treatment.  While appointments may be conducted by telephone, meetings in person are usually more productive.

The Alcohol & Drug Counseling program office located in R130 is open Monday – Friday, 8:00 am – 5:00 pm. However, the Program Director has flexible office hours to accommodate the needs of working students and other individuals who are unavailable to meet during normal office hours.

Call (425) 564-2012 to schedule an advising appointment today!

Why do I need advising?

You probably have many questions about the field of chemical dependency treatment, job availability, applicable prior learning and, sometimes, personal recovery issues. These questions are best addressed in individual meetings. The purpose of advising in the Alcohol and Drug Counseling Program is to:

  • Discuss personal and professional goals.
  • Discuss the rules and regulations that define eligibility to practice as a CDPT.
  • Review transcripts and previous educational experience.
  • Review the pros and cons of online vs. traditional classroom learning.
  • Create an individualized education plan.
  • Get answers to your questions about the program.

What should I bring to my individual advising session?

  • Official or unofficial college transcripts (if available)
  • Lots of questions!

Graduation Procedure

  1. Prior to graduation you are required to set up an appointment with the Alcohol/Drug Counseling Program Director to ensure all requirements are met for graduation. Contact Paul Weatherly by e-mail or call (425) 564-2012.
  2. Complete the Graduation Application, Professional Technical Certificate.
  3. Apply two quarters before you plan to complete your certificate of achievement.
  4. If you are using credits transferred from another college or university, you need to have official transcripts sent directly to:

Bellevue College
Attn: Paul Weatherly, R130B
3000 Landerholm Circle SE
Bellevue, Washington 98007-6484

You may pick up a graduation application at the Student Service Center, our office, or apply online.