- The ability to communicate effectively with a multicultural population
- The desire to facilitate learning and empower students to succeed independently
- Awareness of a variety of learning styles
- Overall GPA of 3.2 or above, either currently or in previous education
- have completed the equivalent of Math 130 (Introduction to Statistics), Math 141 (Pre-Calculus 1) or Math 138 (Business Algebra) with a B+ or better
- Required attendance to all tutor training sessions
- For current students – instructor approval (signature and course number) is required for each course you plan to tutor.
- For non-students – departmental approval (signature and course number) is required for each course you plan to tutor. Please present your transcript to the appropriate departmental office so they can make the correct recommendation.
- Completed application (including one academic or employment reference)
- Commitment to tutor for one academic year (September through June) is preferred
Salary $11.00 per hour
- If you are a student, you may work up to 19 hours each week
- If you are not a student, you may work up to 17 hours each week
- Complete a Tutor Application [PDF]
- Turn in your application at the front desk in D204. If you have any additional question, please contact the front desk at 425-564-2200.
If positions are available, you will be contacted for an interview.
Following approval of your employment, additional hiring paperwork will be required. Please be prepared to submit documents that will confirm your eligibility to work in the United States.
A brief orientation session will be conducted at the beginning of the quarter.
During the quarter, a mandatory 8-hour training session will be scheduled. Upon completion of the training and 25 hours of tutoring, you will receive an internationally recognized certificate verifying completion of the College Reading & Learning Association’s tutor training.
Bellevue College reaffirms its policy of equal opportunity regardless of race or ethnicity; creed; color; national origin; sex; marital status; sexual orientation; age; religion; genetic information; the presence of any sensory, mental, or physical disability; gender identity or veteran status in educational programs and activities which it operates. Bellevue College Equal Opportunity Statement.
Last Updated October 14, 2015