The mission of the Bellevue College Business Transfer Program is to create an exciting learning environment where high standards are set for students; innovative curriculum and great faculty creates high retention and high achievement; all students are welcome, diversity is valued and inclusion is the norm; and our graduates excel in further studies and their careers.
- The Business Transfer Program allows students to attain a two-year degree in Business and transfer to state public universities to complete a bachelors degree in business. About 250 students graduate from our program annually.
- The program has 1400 to 200 majors completing the first two years of a four-year business degree.
- We are the largest Business Transfer Program in the state and we transfer the largest number of students to the combined campuses of the University of Washington. Other business schools that accept a large number of our students include: Seattle University, Eastern Washington (at Bellevue), Washington State University, Western Washington University, and Central Washington University.
- We have over 12 faculty including six certified accountants and four lawyers, some who have won awards and all who have extensive industry experience.
- Business core courses including Accounting (ACCT& 201, 202, 203), Law (BUS& 201 and BA 200) and Statistics (BA 240) are offered every quarter–day, evening and online.
- Students also have the option of completing their four-year management degree from Eastern Washington University right on our campus.
- We offer all our courses online and along with Washington State University make accessible an online business degree.
- We have a tutoring center manned by student tutors that provides support to students in accounting, economics, law and statistics.
- Our program gives many of the experiences of a four-year business school. We have developed a multicultural consulting course (CES 241) under the auspices of the UW Foster School Consulting and Business Development Center that gives our students invaluable experience working with real businesses and contributes to the economic development of our state. The teams are mentored by industry professionals from the Bellevue Rotary. This course has been commended by the Washington state legislature and won a national award for service learning.
- Financial Education at BC, a program to spread objective financial education throughout the state of Washington has reached over 6000 people, was featured in the Seattle Times twice, selected as a best practice by the Treasury Department, and was commended by Governor Gregoire as a model for the nation.
- The Business Leadership Community has brought ECOs on campus to speak to students including: Jim Donald (former CEO of Starbucks), Blake Nordstrom (President of Nordstrom), Jim Sinegal (found and CEO of Costco), and Nancy Koeper (CEO of UPS Northwest). This program runs a writing assessment prep course that helps our students with the WSA which accounts for one third of the admission requirements of any UW business school. It also mounts many events to help students learn about careers including an accounting job shadow, speakers from Starbucks, Costco, venture capital firms and student entrepreneurs. Every year we hold over 20 events attended by up to 3000 students.
- Our alumni have transferred to the University of Washington (Seattle, Bothell, and Tacoma), Seattle University, Washington State University, Western Washington University, Central Washington University, Stanford, Columbia, Johns Hopkins, University of Arizona, University of Nevada Las Vegas, University of Southern California, University of Hawaii, University of Texas, Purdue, McGill, Georgetown, University of Illinois UC, University of Indiana, UCLA, University of North Carolina, and others. Angel Kelchev, Jack Kent Cooke award winner, has gone on to do his masters degrees at Harvard and Stanford.
- Our students have worked in positions of responsibility at Boeing, Alaska Air, Weyerhauser, JP Morgan Chase, Microsoft, Deloitte, Amazon, KPMG, Safeway, prominent small businesses and more. They form our extensive alum network that continues to provide advice and mentoring to our students.
Each year over 100 of our alum graduate from the University of Washington (all campuses), including the 2007 winner of the University of Washington Bothell Chancellor”s award, Jayne Collins and 2008 UW Foster School Student Speaker, Luis Silva-Behrens and Chengying Deng, student speaker at the Masters of Accountancy 2010 commencement.
- We offer an extensive co-curricular activities to provide opportunities for our students to mount major events and network with executives and entrepreneurs. These activities give our students tremendous confidence and skills that cannot be learned in the classroom.