World Languages Institute Arabic classes teach modern standard Arabic derived from classical Arabic. These classes introduce you to basic vocabulary and expressions that will allow you to speak Arabic in everyday situations. Arabic lessons cover conversational skills as well as how to write and pronounce the Arabic alphabet. Lessons include how to:
• Engage in simple conversations
• Ask and respond to simple questions
• Use the Arabic alphabet to write simple sentences
• Read basic written materials
• Interact in social, business, and travel situations in a culturally appropriate manner.
Classes meet once a week in the evening for eight weeks. The instructor is a native Arabic speaker with extensive teaching experience.
Jamie Lucero, Translation and Interpretation Certificate Instructor, is a translation tools expert who teaches others who are highly fluently bilingual how to use these tools. Read more. . .