Class Supplies: Encaustic and the Written Word with Deborah Kapoor
You will need:
- Brushes, various sizes
- Apron if desired (wear clothes you don’t mind getting dirty)
- Paper Towels
- Cutting Tools (blade, scissors)
- Freezer Paper to cover your work surface
- Acrylic Inks to write onto encaustic surface
- Laser copies (not inkjet) of text (could be poems, handwritten journal entries, magazine words, etc.), printed backwards onto ‘blank’ Avery label page (remove labels to print). We will transfer these copies of text onto encaustic surface.
- Sketches of ideas
- Images of previous work that might be related to goals of taking this class
- Silk tissue and/or kozo paper
- Any additional collage materials to embed into or complement surface of encaustic substrate
- Painter’s tape is handy to have for various tasks
- Plaster Bandage if you want to make 3-D substrate (bring simple form to use as mold base).
- Saral paper to handwrite and transfer text (red is provided, bring additional colors if desired)
- Wood panel substrates for 2-D work
- Encaustic Station Set-up: Electric griddles, heat guns, encaustic paint, soy wax, encaustic medium.
Please email instructor at firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions about this Supply List.
Bring this list to the art store, they can be very helpful and often times there may be a 10% discount at some stores if you are a BC student as well. Also, some basic materials may be available at the BC North campus bookstore at 425‐564‐5711.
Course: Encaustic and the Written Word
Instructor: Deborah Kapoor