Class Supplies: Introduction to Painting: Acrylics with Emmett McLaughlin
You will need:
Note: Do not buy “craft” paint. It is too thin and colors are not reliable (apple barrel paints). Student or studio grade are fine for this class.
- Black (ivory or oxide)
- Titanium White (largest tube available)
- Yellow (cadmium light, azo, or hansa)
- Alizarin crimson(or any magenta)
- Cobalt or ultramarine (or primary/ cyan) Blue (no pthalo)
- Napthol or cadmium red
- Purple or violet
- Green (hookers, permanent, pthalo)
- Yellow ochre
ACRYLIC PAINT BRUSHES:
2 flats (or brights) AND 2 rounds (one small and one large of each) any sizes between #8 and #20
- A large, flat, smooth surface for mixing. Paper palette pads are good, it can be wood or plastic or ceramic. NO small plastic ones with the little cups (not enough room).
- Two are best, plastic is OK, try different shapes.
- Household size is OK, but a smaller finer misting one is best
Bring this list to the art store, they can be very helpful and often times there may be a 10% discount at some stores if you are a BC student as well. Also, some basic materials are available at the BC North campus bookstore at 425-564-5711.