Whether you want to speak Russian for business or personal enrichment, our classes are a great way to learn. And they cover the full range of proficiency levels from beginning to advanced.
Beginning Russian classes introduce you to basic vocabulary and expressions used in everyday situations as well as the Cyrillic alphabet.
Beginning lessons cover how to:
- Engage in simple conversations
- Ask and respond to simple questions
- Use the Cyrillic alphabet to write simple sentences
- Read basic written materials
- Interact in social and business situations in a culturally appropriate manner.
Intermediate classes build on your existing skills to help you read, write, and speak Russian with greater fluency.
Intermediate lessons include how to:
- Speak Russian conversationally with increasing ease and confidence
- Increase your Russian grammar and vocabulary skills
- Read and comprehend the meaning of more involved Russian texts
- Use the Cyrillic alphabet to write short communications
- Deepen your understanding of current Russian culture.
Classes meet once a week in the evening for 8-9 weeks. Instructors are native Russian speakers with extensive teaching experience.