Bellevue College’s new Web Development Inclusive is a hands-on, competency-based program designed by industry professionals to provide students with the fundamental skills required in the field of web development. It is comprised of two technical stacks, front-end development and back-end development
This certificate can be taken as individual classes or by combining our two Web Development Stacks, Front End and Back End focus.
Who should take the certificate?
Those who want to develop their skills as website developers and are looking to speed up the certificate process.
Why invest in the Web Development Certificate?
Web developer salaries in Washington State range from $45,000 to $137,580. The Bureau of Labor Statistics estimates job growth in this field at 27% from 2014-2024, which is significantly higher than the average for all occupations. This growth is fueled by increases in ecommerce and use of mobile devices.
This certificate course takes 10-12 months – 153 hours to complete.
Students can take all of the classes individually or by taking the 2 Web Development stacks. By combining the two stacks, students will save $873.
- $4,873 – Taking all classes individually.
- $4,000 – Taking the 2 Web Development Stacks.
- Front-End Web Development Stack – $2,100
- Back-End Web Development Stack – $1,900
- Determine the business requirements of a new or existing website.
- Identify the characteristics and needs of the website’s audience.
- Write the design specification for the website.
- Create advanced page layouts.
- Apply techniques to effectively build web pages.
- Conduct usability testing to identify website design problems.
- Debug scripts using a variety of techniques and tools.
- Assess how well a site is optimized for search engines.
- Optimize your pages with well-written content and the effective use of keywords.
- Identify the tools used in various stages of the web development process.
To register for a free information session, click on the session description below.