ABE 060 ABE Orientation • V1-4 Cr.
Orients students to the ABE, GED, and HSC programs. Students will become familiar with college resources, assess their skills in reading, writing and math, develop college and career goals, and meet with a faculty advisor to determine an initial academic plan.
After completing this class, students should be able to:
- Develop an understanding of their own math, reading, and writing skills in relation to the courses available
- Identify characteristics of successful students Identify barriers to college success
- Access support services available at BC
- Register, receive advising, and plan for their education
- Establish academic connections with ABE faculty and staff