ABE 060 Orientation to Basic Skills • V1-3 Cr.
Prepares native and non-native speakers (ESL 3, 4 or 5) for basic skills classes by introducing students to the program and the college. Helps students to identify abilities, learning styles, skills and barriers, set educational goals, and create learning plans. Prerequisite: Assessment into the ABE or ESL Program.
After completing this class, students should be able to:
- Develop an understanding of their own math, reading, and writing skills in relation to the courses available
- Identify characteristics of successful students
- Identify barriers to college success
- Access support services available at BC
- Register, receive advising, and plan for their education
- Establish academic connections with ABE faculty and staff