ABE 062 Adult Basic Education Level 2 • V1-10 Cr.
Prepares native English-speaking adults and, in some cases, high-level English-as-a second language students for credit courses or GED preparation courses by improving basic reading, writing, grammar, and math skills. Substantial and sustained progress required for continued enrollment. Prerequisite: Placement by assessment.
After completing this class, students should be able to:
- 1. Locate and use key details from a text
- 2. Determine the meaning of general academic words and phrases
- 3. Determine the main idea and describe how reasons support the author’s point of view
- 4. Compare and contrast important points between two texts on the same topic
- 5. Develop and organize writing to convey opinions, explanation, stories & research
- 6. Use technology to research and report on topics of historical and scientific significance