ABE 063 Adult Basic Education Level 3 • V1-10 Cr.
Prepares native English-speaking adults and, in some cases, high-level English-as-a second language students for credit courses or GED preparation courses by improving basic reading, writing, grammar, and math skills. Substantial and sustained progress is a requirement for continued enrollment. Prerequisite: Placement by assessment.
After completing this class, students should be able to:
- 1. Locate, refer to and quote key details and examples from a text
- 1. Determine the meaning of general academic and domain-specific words and phrases
- 2. Determine and summarize the main idea or theme of a story, drama or poem
- 3. Explain events, procedures, ideas or concepts in a historical, scientific or technical text
- 4. Use information from multiple sources to compare and contrast events, ideas, and concepts
- 5. Use the writing process to convey opinions, explanation, stories & research
- 6. Use technology to research and report on topics of historical and scientific significance