ABE 064 Adult Basic Education Level 4 • V1-10 Cr.
Prepares native English-speaking adults and, in some cases, high-level English-as-a second language students for credit courses or GED preparation courses by improving basic reading, writing, grammar, and math skills. Substantial and sustained progress required for continued enrollment. Prerequisite: Placement by assessment.
After completing this class, students should be able to:
- 1. Cite strong and thorough evidence and inferences from a text
- 2. Determine the meaning of words and phrases as they are used in a text
- 3. Determine and summarize the theme, development and conclusion of a text
- 4. Analyze a complex set of ideas or sequence of events to explain how individuals, ideas, or events interact and develop over the course of a text
- 5. Analyze and evaluate an author’s claim and the effectiveness of the structure of a text
- 6. Use the writing process to convey ideas, concepts, explanations & research
- 7. Use information from multiple sources on the same topic to write arguments and reports that support ideas with clear evidence
- 8. Use technology to produce, publish, and update writing products