ACCT 160 Washington State: Tax and Audit • 3 Cr.
This course will cover the State of Washington tax requirements, reporting and audit procedures. Topics covered will include State Unemployment, Labor & Industries, Department of Revenue - B&O and Business Property Tax. State audit processes will be covered and how companies can prepare for an audit, interpret the findings and the appeal process.
After completing this class, students should be able to:
- Prepare the State Unemployment Tax Report and explain the process and calculation
- Discuss the purpose and reporting requirements of the Department of Labor & Industries and complete state required filings
- Create and maintain capital asset schedules for State Property Tax Reporting
- Complete the annual State Property Tax filing
- Explain the implications of Business and Occupation Tax and prepare required filings
- Describe the audit process as conducted by the Department of Revenue, Employment Security, and Labor & Industries