ACCT 172 Small Business Computerized Accounting • 5 Cr.
Applies computer software solutions to specific accounting problems. Topics include accounts receivable, accounts payable, depreciation, payroll, ledgers, and financial statements. Recommended: ACCT 101 or ACCT& 201.
After completing this class, students should be able to:
- Analyze and record financial transactions using accounting software.
- Prepare the payroll for a service or a merchandising business.
- Prepare revenue and payroll tax forms for state or federal government.
- Prepare end-of-period transactions.
- Create, print, and analyze financial statements and reports using accounting software.
- Analyze the effects of transactions on the fundamental accounting equation.
- Complete a computerized recordkeeping system of accounting.
- Complete a standardized certification exam Discuss the use and application of ethics in computerized financial accounting.