ACCT 288 Bookkeeping Certification • 10 Cr.
Prepares students to take the Certified Bookkeeper Examination administered by the American Institute of Certified Bookkeepers (AIPB). Topics: Adjusting and Correcting Entries, Depreciation, Payroll, Inventory, Internal Controls and Fraud Prevention. Additional fees are assessed for off-site testing. Prerequisites: ACCT 101, 102, 135, 234, 250, and 285 with a B- or better, or entry code.
After completing this class, students should be able to:
- Employ industry-standard bookkeeping skills in adjustments, error correction, payroll, depreciation, inventory, and internal controls.
- Solve bookkeeping problems in a timely manner.
- Demonstrate ability to perform as a professional bookkeeper.
- Use correct terminology related to accounting careers and the accounting field.
- Analyze and record financial transactions and properly report financial information.
- Use critical thinking skills in order to identify and solve problems in accounting.
- Successfully prepare to sit for the Certified Bookkeeper Examination administered by the American Institute of Professional Bookkeepers (AIPB)
- Spring 2017 (current quarter)