AHEA 112 Health Unit Coordinator II • 5 Cr.
The second in a series of courses focusing on skills needed to become a Health Unit Coordinator. Students learn the procedures and skills required for this position in a simulated healthcare environment. Prerequisite: Completion of AHEA 110 with a C or better or permission of the instructor. Previously HPRO 175. Either HPRO 175 or AHEA 112 may be taken for credit, but not both.
After completing this class, students should be able to:
- Prepare and maintain patients’ charts
- Analyze and use the steps for the transcription of doctors’ orders
- Distinguish between doctors’ orders for tests, therapies/services, medication, and nursing orders
- Admit, discharge, and transfer a patients
- Demonstrate the health unit coordinator’s patient-centered activities, including the steps for completing admission, discharge, transfer, and surgical-related forms
- Use practice software to retrieve diagnostic test results