ALDAC 100 Professional Development in Addiction Counseling • 1 Cr.
Introduction to the field of addiction counseling and treatment. Overview of state mandated education requirements, certification processes for CDP/CDPT licenses and methods for documenting CDPT work experience hours.
After completing this class, students should be able to:
- Demonstrate basic understanding of the therapeutic frame
- Identify the components of the multidimensional biopsychosocial disease of chemical dependency
- Identify the differences between certification processes related to alcohol/drug studies program
- Apply to the Washington State Department of Health to be a Registered Counselor
- Create a professional portfolio
- List the differences between client populations and agency cultures
- Build a transitional resume for entering into a new career