ARAB 123 Arabic III • 5 Cr.
Continues ARAB 122. Prerequisite: ARAB 122 or permission of instructor.
After completing this class, students should be able to:
- Know basic Arabic grammar and proper word use
- Master the Arabic writing and sound systems
- Understand and actively participate in simple conversations about daily life situations and basic intellectual topics.
- Read Arabic material of limited complexity
- Carry out written transactions and simple correspondence connected to daily life without error
- Write notes, short letters, and compositions describing an event or personal experience
- Identify major characteristics of Arab culture
- Identify basic differences between formal and spoken Arabic
- Qualify for an on-site Arabic-language program in the Middle East