ART 108 Introduction to Hand & Power Tools • 2 Cr.
Teaches the safe use of hand and power tools in the wood shop. Class format includes lectures, demonstrations, practice, and testing.
After completing this class, students should be able to:
- Be able to explain what to do in the event of a safety or injury emergency.
- Demonstrate basic measuring skills.
- Demonstrate the safe and proper use of each tool introduced in the class.
- Demonstrate the ability to dimension wood for a particular task.
- Demonstrate basic construction skills in assembling a 3 dimensional project.