ART 121 Drawing II • 5 Cr.
Continues ART 120. Includes drawing the human figure from live models. Students gain skill in expressive drawing using various media. Includes lecture and lab. Requires additional time outside class. Prerequisite: ART 120.
After completing this class, students should be able to:
- Understand and demonstrate an advanced (secondary) level of ability to use formal aspects of drawing; line quality, composition, value, spatial illusion, accurate scale/proportion in drawing from direct observation of subject matter
- Identify the basic proportions of the human figure
- Demonstrate the ability to draw the foreshortened human figure
- Demonstrate the ability to render the structure and form of the human hand and foot
- Demonstrate the ability to render the human figure from direct observation with light and shade
- Demonstrate the ability to use the concept of gesture to animate drawings of the figure and/or other life forms
- Understand and demonstrate a facility with a limited variety of drawing media; charcoal, color pastel/prismacolor, tonal papers
- Understand and demonstrate a sensibility towards use of expression in drawing
- Understand and demonstrate ability towards critical thinking and objective critique regarding drawing