ART 154 Introduction to Digital Photography • 5 Cr.
Introduction to digital photography as a means for artistic exploration and expression. From camera basics, to using appropriate hardware and software, to conceptual and aesthetic considerations, students develop a digital workflow. Recommended: Basic computer skills.
After completing this class, students should be able to:
- Control their cameras
- Understand how cameras and light interact and apply that knowledge to improve photographs.
- Demonstrate comprehension and effective use of relevant softwares for the production of their work.
- Synthesize form and content using the language of design to create successful images.
- Evaluate the photographs of influential photographers as well as those of other members of the class.
- Reflect on, evaluate, and articulate their own process and intent in making their photographs.