ART 253 Photo III • 5 Cr.
Explores advanced techniques in photography. Students review the history of photography and practice creative solutions to visual problems. Prerequisite: ART 110 and 151.
After completing this class, students should be able to:
- Have created a cohesive body of work in the form of a working portfolio.
- Gained valuable insights about the state of contemporary photography through study contemporary issues as viewed from a historical perspective.
- Experimented with alternative processes.
- Learned to dry mount and matt work in prep for exhibition.
- Written a cohesive artist statement.
- Furthered their ability to articulate theory and criticism of their own work and that of their peers.