ART 254 Advanced Digital Imaging • 5 Cr.
Building on knowledge and skills gained in either ART 150 or ART 154. Explores technical, aesthetic, and conceptual considerations that are driving digital imaging in the 21st century. Prerequisite: ART 150 or 154. Basic computer skills and ownership of a DSLR recommended.
After completing this class, students should be able to:
- Control their digital cameras
- Understand how cameras and light interact and apply that knowledge to improve photographs.
- Demonstrate comprehension and effective use of relevant software for the production of their work.
- Demonstrate advanced camera and software control in order to create digital images rather than straight photographs.
- Synthesize form and content using the language of design to create successful images.
- Evaluate the photographs of influential photographers as well as those of other members of the class.
- Reflect on, evaluate, and articulate their own process and intent in making their photographs.
- Spring 2017 (current quarter)