ART 256 Art & Technology • 5 Cr.
Studio art class. Provides key concepts and strategies for students to express themselves using the latest technologies. Students, as employees produce projects using current techniques and tools. Course includes skills for being adaptive and developing problem solving skills for tomorrow's workplace. Recommended: Basic computer skills.
After completing this class, students should be able to:
- Identify a concept and develop a thesis.
- Determine the audience and pitch an idea appropriate to that audience.
- Determine the proper form and function that idea calls for.
- Research what technologies are available to create the project.
- Develop and implement a strategy for success.
- Solve various art/communication and technical problems.
- Present and defend your creation.