BIOL& 242 Human Anatomy and Physiology II • 6 Cr.
Continues the study of tissues, organs, and systems of the human body. Both BIOL& 241 and BIOL& 242 are needed for a complete study of the anatomy and physiology of all human systems. Format includes laboratory work. Prerequisite: BIOL& 241 with a C or better, or entry code.
After completing this class, students should be able to:
- Identify the components of the major organ systems and describe their location in anatomical terms.
- Apply concepts and knowledge of terminology, structure and function related to each organ system.
- Perform basic physiological measurements and analyze the results to determine if they are within a “healthy” range or indicate an abnormality.
- Explain how the body systems function to maintain homeostasis and how imbalances of these systems lead to disease.
- Effectively use anatomical and physiological vocabulary to communicate, written and orally, educate patients and work with colleagues in a professional setting.