BIOL 125 Survey of Human Diseases • 5 Cr.
Examines the pathophysiology, diagnosis and treatment of common and/or emerging human diseases.
After completing this class, students should be able to:
- Identify and describe common diseases that affect humans such as diabetes, hypertension etc.
- Explain the causes, symptoms and preventive measures to the above diseases.
- Identify the major human organ systems, including …cardiovascular system, respiratory system, digestive system,immune system, nervous system, urinary system and reproductive system.
- Describe and identify common diseases that affect the different human organ systems such as the cardiovascular system, respiratory system, digestive system, nervous system, urinary system and the reproductive system.
- Explain the biology of some of the emerging infectious diseases.
- Explain how emerging infectious diseases affect society.
- Define health and explain how these diseases affect our health.
- Winter 2014 (current quarter)