BSUST 150 Introduction to Carbon Footprint • 5 Cr.
Introduction to basic tools and techniques used to assess the impact of selected business practices on the environment and society. Topics include introduction to life cycle analysis, carbon footprint computing and analysis; auditing; emission and greenhouse gas reporting; emission trading regulations and energy management solutions.
After completing this class, students should be able to:
- • Apply and compare different approaches to economic analysis as it relates to carbon footprint computing; resource economics and management; and energy management solutions
- • Present and discuss concepts, issues and trends in the economics of sustainability Apply basic economic analysis tools as they relate to carbon footprint computing; resource economics and management; and energy management solutions
- • Discuss the basic concept, options and trends in carbon trading regulations and practices
- • Implement best practices for life cycle costing analysis
- • Discuss emission trading regulations, trends and practices