BSUST 160 Sustainable Business Analysis • 5 Cr.
Introduction to process and techniques involved in performing analysis of businesses with emphasis on how to best integrate sustainability into business and financial strategies. Topics include business process analysis, triple bottom line accounting, information technology processes, green supply chain, trends and practices, and legal issues and regulatory compliance. Recommended: BSUST 150.
After completing this class, students should be able to:
- • Assess the sustainability of existing business practices and develop recommendations for improvement, as well as their short and long-term impacts
- • Apply principles of triple bottom line accounting to evaluate sustainable business efforts.
- • Apply basic processes and information technology tools involved in performing analysis of various businesses with an emphasis on sustainability
- • Apply basic business analysis tools as they relate to green supply chain management Explain the issues of sustainability in the context of procurement policies and global supply chain management
- • Present and compare best practices in integrating sustainability into business and financial strategies
- • Outline the main steps in planning, implementation and evaluation of sustainability programs based on case studies
- • Outline the main steps in sustainability and environmental management reporting
- • Discuss history and trends in legal issues and regulatory compliance in sustainability
- • Communicate complex ideas in simple terms to stakeholders and lay people with a wide range of knowledge and experience
- • Make a solid business and financial case for implementing sustainable business practices
- • Apply ethical frameworks to decision making in business practices
- Winter 2014 (current quarter)