BTS 104 Keyboarding Review & Speed Building • 1 Cr.
Increases students' keyboarding speed and accuracy. Prerequisite: BTS 101 or equivalent experience recommended. Course is graded pass/fail.
After completing this class, students should be able to:
- Review student’s basic keyboarding skills, increase typing sped and improve proficiency on the computer.
- Measure student’s keyboarding speed and accuracy at the outset of the program through the use of the Course Entry Timed Writing.
- Determine specific keyboarding problems by analyzing the diagnostic test results that appear at the beginning of various sections of the keyboarding program.
- Select appropriate practice lessons on the basis of the diagnostic test analysis.
- Establish your particular skill-improvement goal for each practice lesson through the use of the lesson pretest.
- Practice specially designed exercises in a prescribed manner.
- Determine whether or not you achieve your practice goal for the lesson through the use of the lesson post-test.
- Measure students overall skill-development progress at regular intervals during the course through the use of special progress Check timings and at the end of the course through the use of the course Exit
- Timed Writing.