BTS 110 Web Essentials for Communication • 5 Cr.
Introduces internet research, web design tools, web communication and networking websites and tools, browser basics, web search strategies, evaluating and using online resources, writing in HTML, creating effective web pages, and Internet and web security. Projects combine professional writing, computer and web authoring software skills, website creation and design, and presentation skills.
After completing this class, students should be able to:
- Effectively use modern web browsers and search engines to locate credible information on the Internet.
- Model how to write professional, concise digital communication such as email.
- Use Web technologies for networking and collaboration.
- Identify information security threats and illustrate best safety practices on the Internet.
- Design a multi-page website with a consistent page layout, concise writing, and simple navigation using HTML and CSS.