BTS 144 Personal Information Manager • 3 Cr.
Course features the concepts, terminology, and techniques involved in utilizing a popular messaging and personal information management program specifically Microsoft Outlook. Tools and commands are utilized to email, schedule appointments and meetings, create and maintain contact lists, create task lists, maintain journals for recording and tracking activities, and create notes and reminders. Recommended: BTS 161 or equivalent experience.
After completing this class, students should be able to:
- Compose, send, receive, and read e-mail.
- Create contacts, print contacts, and e-mail messages.
- Use Outlook’s Calendar and Tasks to keep track of to-do lists, schedule appointments and events, set reminders, and create and update tasks.
- Edit, categorize, view, sort, and print contacts.
- Develop distribution lists.
- Personalize, organize, and store e-mail messages.
- Use Tasks and Calendar to plan meetings; assign, accept, decline, view, and organize tasks; create and edit notes.
- Customize Outlook by changing the look of e-mail, modifying the Master Category List, customizing the Calendar, customizing notes and tasks, and using mail templates.
- Use e-mail with other Outlook components, link contacts, and use the Journal.
- Integrate tasks, Calendar, and contacts.
- Create Office documents from within Outlook.