BTS 145 Introduction to Web Technology • 1 Cr.
Explores a wide variety of emerging online technologies and concepts that are both important and practical for businesses. Topics include how emerging technology tools can help you stay up to date in the new information landscape businesses are entering. Projects combine the use of emerging online technology with the needs of businesses and organizations to improve communications and productivity. Prerequisite: Previous computer experience or permission of instructor.
Recommended: Previous computer experience or permission of instructor.
After completing this class, students should be able to:
- Demonstrate an understanding of new Web technologies used in the business and education communities
- Locate appropriate resources containing current web technical information
- Research, summarize and report on a emerging technology of value to business or education
- Log, tag and store appropriate resources and reference in a Web-based bookmarking site
- Research resources to solve problems independently