BTS 163 Business Document Design Comprehensive • 5 Cr.
Introduces key concepts and software to develop and create business documents. Topics include document design, creation, formatting, layout, output, graphics, tables, citations, mail merge, indexes, macros, forms, and sharing documents. Projects integrate business communication skills and problem solving techniques to create a variety of business documents such as letters, memos, newsletters, flyers, automated documents and collaborative documents. Recommended: BTS 161 or equivalent experience.
After completing this class, students should be able to:
- After completing this class, students will be able to:
- 1. Create and Manage Documents within a professional business setting
- 2. Format Text, Paragraphs, and Sections to customize business documents
- 3. Create Tables and Lists to clearly communicate information in Word documents
- 4. Apply References in academic and professional documents
- 5. Insert and Format Objects to enhance effects and visual perception
- 6. Utilize intermediate to advanced software features to solve a business problem