BTS 168 Business Data Management Tools • 5 Cr.
Introduces key concepts of data management and the use and creation of relational databases as a business tool. Topics include: views, simple and advanced queries, create and modify forms and sub-forms, reports, primary and foreign keys, importing data, formulas, controls and conditional formatting. Projects apply skills to multiple hands-on databases of increasing complexity. Recommended: BTS 161 or equivalent experience.
After completing this class, students should be able to:
- After completing this class, students will be able to:
- 1. Create and Manage a Database to provide information for resolving business needs
- 2. Build Tables to populate a database for accurate output of results
- 3. Create Queries to answer business questions to solve a problem
- 4. Create Forms to efficiently capture data to meet a business need
- 5. Create Reports to share with others in business settings
- 6. Utilize intermediate to advanced software features to solve a business problem