BTS 174 Windows File & Disk Management Basics • 1 Cr.
Introduction to the basics of managing, customizing and maintaining files, folders, disks, and display settings using the Windows operating system. Prerequisite: BTS 173.
After completing this class, students should be able to:
- Create, rename, copy, move, and delete files and folders using Views in Windows Explorer.
- Find files and folders by using Windows search tools and by creating shortcuts and favorites.
- Speed information retrieval through use of folder options, views, and properties.
- Customize the Windows display by changing backgrounds, desktop appearance, and screen settings.
- Increase efficiency by changing Start menu and Taskbar to meet the needs of the user.
- Maintain and optimize disks using format, copy, find and repair, clean up, and defragment.
- Recover from system errors with restore tools.
- Add and delete programs using Control Panel.
- Demonstrate common DOS commands at the command prompt.
- Fall 2014 (current quarter)