BTS 188 Intro to Digital Content • 5 Cr.
Introduces industry standards in digital imaging software and devices to create, edit, and manipulate images for print and web. Topics include design principles, print and web standards and tools, editing, modifying, compositing, painting, drawing, repairing, color-correcting, and automating digital images for business. Projects include marketing materials such as posters, book covers, labels and ads for use in a final portfolio. Recommended: BTS 161 or BTS 186.
After completing this class, students should be able to:
- Use current industry standard digital image editing software and design principles to edit, color correct, manipulate and enhance digital images.
- Apply the basic concepts of advertising, sales, design, and general business to the design process of digital images.
- Apply basic design principals to the creation and manipulation of digital images.
- Prepare images for use in all media, including web and print.
- Spring 2017 (current quarter)