BTS 265 Advanced Business Spreadsheet Analysis & Design • 5 Cr.
Develops advanced spreadsheet skills including application programming using software such as Microsoft Excel on the personal computer. Prerequisite: BTS 165.
Prerequisite: BTS 165.
After completing this class, students should be able to:
- Make business and financial recommendations based on sound data analysis principles.
- Secure workbooks and worksheets using validation rules and security features
- Design and implement functionality to workbooks and worksheets by creating and assigning macros
- Analyze and make recommendations for business performance using scenarios and what-if analyses
- Create and report manual and automated business solutions with Solver
- Improve efficiency by importing data from various sources to worksheets and PivotTables
- Utilize data exchange on the World Wide Web through data imports and hyperlinks
- Automate user input by creating and modifying macros to respond to a variety of user inputs
- Apply basic programming principles to the design of macros with Visual Basic for Applications (VBA)
- Customize user interface and workbook functionality using Visual Basic for Applications (VBA)
- Research resources to solve problems independently