BTS 293 Professional Skills • 5 Cr.
Students apply learning from their respective areas of study to simulate a project environment. They will also work on developing key business skills such as establishing their own professional brand (resume, social media profiles, elevator pitch, letters of recommendation), networking, and creating a portfolio of their professional accomplishments. Emphasis is placed on critical thinking, communication skills, and project management, helping students integrate technical skills into business careers.
After completing this class, students should be able to:
- Envision a project and follow through to its completion
- Review current technologies and learn new business skills
- Apply existing business skills and technologies to the benefit of the larger project
- Work collaboratively in a team environment
- Establish their own brand to aid in job searches and career advancement