BUS& 201 Business Law • 5 Cr.
Surveys laws applicable to business transactions. Students focus on law of contract sales, negotiable instruments, and agency. Prerequisite: ENGL& 201, 235, 271 or 272 with a C or better. Recommended: 30 prior college credits.
After completing this class, students should be able to:
- Learn critical thinking processes.
- Become conversant with basic legal concepts and selected areas of law affecting business transactions.
- Understand and apply correctly legal terminology in the above areas.
- Recognize ethical issues in business, including their legal implications.
- Reason clearly, responsibly, and succinctly when faced with legal problems and questions.