BUS 105 Personal Taxes • 1 Cr.
Part of a series of courses that present core components of personal finance applicable to individuals and financial service workers. Focus is on individual tax filing, tax planning and maximizing after-tax returns.
After completing this class, students should be able to:
- Prepare a tax return (1, 2)
- Engage in tax planning (1)
- Calculate benefits of pre-tax spending accounts (3)
- Calculate the difference between after-tax and pre-tax returns on retirement accounts (4)
- Evaluate eligibility for Earned Income Tax Credit and tax credits for 401K (low income) and their effect on savings (1)
- Evaluate strategies for maximizing after-tax returns (4)