BUS 222 Advanced Leadership & Management • 5 Cr.
Prepares working professionals for effective leadership in a culturally diverse and constantly changing business environment. Prerequisite: BUS& 101 (prev G BUS 101) or BUS 120 or BUS 221.
After completing this class, students should be able to:
- Examine current management challenges
- Evaluate theories and practices of leadership and their impacts on employee performance and organizational effectiveness.
- Explore different organizational structures and their impacts on organizational culture and effectiveness.
- Investigate challenges and strategies to foster a diverse workforce organization.
- Develop the skills and mentality needed to foster workforce diversity.
- Identify the challenges and strategies for organizational change efforts.
- Evaluate key components of a strategic plan.
- Develop a S.M.A.R.T. action plan to implement a strategic plan.
- Demonstrate the skills required to perform tasks required to manage employee performance including, communicating performance expectations, coaching and monitoring, rewarding, and evaluating.
- Explore techniques to improve organizational processes.
- Assess your strengths and skills as a leader.
- Develop a professional development plan.
- Investigate the issues and practices of personal ethics and social responsibilities in a business environment.