BUSIT 210 Data Warehouse II • 5 Cr.
Students build on the concepts and techniques learned in BUSIT 110 while focusing on ETL (Extract, Transform and Load) strategies and tools. Current server tools are used in hands-on exercises to help reinforce data warehousing concepts. Prerequisite: BUSIT 110 with a C- or better and PROG 140 with a C- or better.
After completing this class, students should be able to:
- Describe the Data Warehouse server programming environment
- Use server expressions concepts, operators and functions in data warehouse applications
- Use the control flow object model to programmatically build packages and create custom objects such as connection managers, log providers, enumerators, and tasks
- Use data flow task object model to create custom components and to construct a data flow programmatically
- Manage package storage, execution and configuration using server management tools
- Spring 2014 (current quarter)