CEO 100 Introduction to College Level Learning • 5 Cr.
General introduction to the cognitive and affective skills needed to succeed in life, education and career: understanding the difference between high school and college expectations to achieve academic success, and development of self-esteem, commitment, responsibility, persistence, respect and positive attitude. Prerequisites: Participant in CEO Program, concurrent enrollment with CEO 101 and 105.
After completing this class, students should be able to:
- Use college success skills.
- Analyze skills, interests and personal characteristics to determine a career direction and complete a life and career plan of action that includes short and long term goals with specific action steps.
- Access information on career fields, occupations and organizations and create a focused and effective resume.
- Explain transfer and professional/technical degree and certificate programs, select a program of study and explain the college enrollment process.
- Identify their primary learning style and explain the techniques that enhance their primary learning style.
- Effectively produce, assess and communicate ideas.