CEO 102 Survey of Life, Education, and Career Success • 5 Cr.
Development of skills that promote success in education, career and life. Prerequisites: CEO 100, 101, and 105 and active status in CEO Program.
After completing this class, students should be able to:
- Demonstrate enhanced knowledge and application of skills taught in CEO 100, 101 and 105 (note-taking; test-taking; communications with an emphasis on listening and respecting different points of view; campus resources; group process; public speaking; critical thinking; personal assessments; research and MLA format.)
- Demonstrate understanding of terms and vocabulary in college courses and the workplace.
- Demonstrate ability to effectively participate in small-group activities
- Demonstrate understanding of the characteristics of citizenship, civics principles and community responsibility.
- Demonstrate ability to select their college major, develop an educational plan and contact their program chair for plan approval.
- Demonstrate understanding of cultural diversity in life, education and the workplace.
- Demonstrate understanding of diversity and culture as it pertains to the Constitution and citizenship.
- Demonstrate understanding of the scientific and social research methods and their importance in education and professional discipline.
- Demonstrate understanding of the Socratic Method, argument and debate.
- Demonstrate understanding of critical and creative thinking and their application to learning.