CEO 104 Preparing for the Job Market • 2 Cr.
This course will introduce skills and strategies to compete in the job market, general and discipline-specific leadership skills, the career portfolio as a tool in job application, resources for future education, professional development, and lifelong learning. Prerequisite: C- or better in CEO 100, 101, 102, 103, 105, and permission of instructor.
After completing this class, students should be able to:
- Demonstrate ability to research the elements of an effective career portfolio.
- Demonstrate the ability to develop an effective personal career portfolio.
- Demonstrate participation in Student Programs leadership programs and college/community extracurricular activities.
- Demonstrate the ability to select, complete and submit a scholarship application.
- Demonstrate the ability to develop and maintain a plan to create balance in life, education and career.