CJ 103 Criminal Justice Report Writing • 5 Cr.
Presents the fundamentals of written communication, using study guides and practice in mechanics and processes. Activities concentrate on preparing professional documents with appropriate sentence and paragraph structure. Writing models are used to demonstrate effective rhetorical strategies and stylistic options.
After completing this class, students should be able to:
- In a timed classroom situation: Students will be able to conduct an interview of five minutes in length for data gathering. This will result in appropriate notes for use in a report
- As an assignment, students will be able to write a report from notes and resources. This will meet professional criteria for format, grammar, punctuation and spelling.
- As an assignment, Student will be able to write a professional resume in an accepted format.
- As an assignment, Student will be able to edit raw text into grammatically correct English with 80% accuracy
- As an assignment, Student will be able to write a test application that is grammatically sound and targeted appropriately